Monday, January 21, 2008

Jack's Way of Keeping Us Home...

Last night after the Relle's left Jack just wasn't acting like himself. He wasn't smiling as much (which after us being gone all weekend...hello...his cheeks should have been hurting from smiling so much), he was kinda fussy, and his face was BEAT RED. I took his temperature and it was 101.9. Which normally we would have just given him Tylonel and watched him til the morning...but earlier last week he had a mild fever for 3 days straight so I knew something was up. We headed to the Pediatrics After Hours (like a doc in the box..but strictly for children) and sure enough he had a double ear infection and the signs (mild rash on back and tummy) that he had a virus as well. The pediatrician prescribed him antibiotics for 10 days and told us what to watch for in terms of follow ups appointments being necessary. From there we headed to the pharmacy, back home for a bath, and put our sick little boy to bed. Needless to say with a double ear infection him being in bed didn't last through the night. He is doing better this morning but still running a mild fever....Guess it is Jack's way of trying to keep us in town because now I'll be scared if we leave him he'll be sick and won't have his Mom and Dad....and he is also getting even more attention from Nick and I (if that is possible) since he is sick. He's such a smart trickster!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard Jack had the run of the house this weekend. Lets see what Jack did:
Friday morning:
-got up
-had French toast
-played with toys
-took a nap
-ate some puffs
-puked in mom and dad's bed after bouncing

Friday afternoon:
-Learned how to open the kitchen cabinets with the "special" key
-had a sweet potato with butter (oh it was good, mom can you fix them with butter now)
-played with toys
-ate more puffs
-had some milk

Friday night:
-Ate 200 puffs and had a gallon of milk
-had a a steak rare like daddy (oh can I have this again)
-went for a drive

Saturday morning: Suffered a milk hangover

Saturday afternoon:
-Ran loose while grandma and grandpa were sleeping

Saturday night:
-Ate green beans and "real" chicken not that fake stuff
-Crawled over to see Nathan in order to teach him what to do when his parents go away for the weekend
-Planned a party for when Nathan parents go away and came up with a plan to get his parents out of the house

Saturday night (after Nathan's):
-stayed up and watched movies
-ate 300 puffs

Saturday night (3 in the morning):
vomited ( I guess I had to many puffs)

Sunday morning: Ate a donut and took a long nap

Sunday afternoon:
-ate pasta and tomato gravy (look can I have this instead of that meet in a can)
-took a nap in mom and dad bed (good lord your bed is so big, you can get lost in it)
-peed in mom and dad bed

Sunday:
-Mom and dad came home. (I guess I have to be good now)

By: Blake Relle