Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Memorial Day Weekend (not really-but as close as we can get)

The weather is not the best and Jack has a fever of 103 so we're indoors and resting...which is probably what we needed and the lack of it is probably what caused him to be run down.
Last weekend the weather was PERFECT...sunny, with a breeze. Jack and I went to Gymboree and then stopped on the way home at McDonald's for his first ever Happy Meal. He's had Chick-Fil-A, Sonic, etc...but never the typical American kid's meal.

Here he is...nuggets, fries, and an orange drink. The toy was a KidsPop CD which he loves to jam to on the way home.
Then to my surprise, ,disappointment, and happiness (at least it isn't going to be a bad habit for him to want a Happy Meal all the time)-Jack wasn't interested in his McDonald's Happy Meal at all. So we played outside and later had Gouda, crackers, and fruit.

I bought this sun cabana for Jack at the Divine Consignment Sale last Spring for a bargain. $45 for $13. Well he has never had a reason to use it, still hasn't, but we made a reason...who needs the beach...we have a huge backyard. He loved it!
Peek a boo!
Can't wait for our first trip to the beach one day...it really did keep you cool inside, the screen door zips closed, and the little window has a shade you can pull down too. The sides have pockets too that you can fill with sand to make it extra stable. Very cool!
Recently Jack likes to be rocked "like a baby". After his bath he also wanted to be wrapped up in his towel like a baby...then requested for me to rock him like a baby...you know I jumped on that opportunity.
My perfect "little baby"!
I think he is trying to tell us in his subtle little ways that he is ready for a sibling...I hear you baby...Dad just has bad hearing...don't give up though...I know Mommy isn't. :)

No comments: