Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Riding the Rails

I had planned to make a list of 25 Must Do Activities for the month of December leading up to Christmas but seeing as I didn't have time to make the list, you can assume correctly that I didn't get to do all of the activities with our family that I would have liked to.

But since we were able to reschedule Jack's dentist appointment for the 4th when Nick had to stay at home anyway because Jack's school was closed, the boys were able to come to the heart surgeon's with me to get my results. Since we were already in the city and so close to Northpark, I had the idea to stop in for the Trains exhibit they run during the holiday season. I didn't have either camera with me (I know...defeated the purpose of getting the small digital for Christmas) I had to take pics with my cell phone.

The conductor hat was not a hit with Jack but he enjoyed looking at the trains. I enjoyed looking at the scenes, not so much the trains or the heat or the cost to get in....but glad I got to experience it...next time I said he can go with just Daddy or actually, I said he can go when he can buy the tickets himself. Can you tell how impressed I was with it?!?
Not sure I remember the part when Jack was willing to put the hat on (I'm sure I bribed him for photo purposes), but you can tell by his face that he too wasn't overly impressed. But it was a nice way to spend time together after he was so well behaved at the doctor's with me. I think the trip to Starbucks for reduced fat cinnamon coffee cake and coffee was the hit of the day for us all!

No comments: