Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Cowpoke Jack!

To continue the tradition- Jack & Olivia celebrated their 4th birthday together and this year topped the past 3 years by far!  There isn't much here that I can take credit for so it is much easier to list the things that I did contribute with, rather than listing the things that I was actively contributing in spirit.  The party theme cowboy-barn came from a dream I had one night that upon opening the mail there was an invitation to Olivia's 4th cowgirl birthday party.  This was devastating for me because not only had we not discussed party sharing, it was planned & ready to go with guests invited, and I didn't get a fair chance for a good weekend in March.  When mentioning this to Karen the idea struck us both- Cowboy & Cowgirl 4th Birthday party.  Soon there after I was in Gymboree (which doesn't usually happen) and I saw their new line was cowboy themed for both girls and boys.  To make it even better both gender had matching attire that had little cowboy wording on it.  I mean, if that wasn't a sign-I'm rec ken I don't know what would be.  Since this took place in the summer-months before Noah was born and party planning needed to progress-we put away the outfits for safe keeping, but never stopped looking for ways to make this one heck of a party.  So here is the other items I was able to contribute once diving into school like a whale, working my tail & Noah's off, having boy number 2, & the return to work 2 days after the party....plates, napkins, thank you cards (which I haven't written yet), decorative candles, & my sister making and decorating cookies as favors.  Yep folks, that is about it.  In the end I did also make pigs in a blanket too-Yeehaw!  Thanks so much Karen, Aaron, Kiki, Babu, and Brandi for your hard work at making this party so special for Jack & Olivia.  Because of you we have one more year of birthday pictures to add to their wedding slide show!

 The barnyard rodeo fun started at the front yard with the Cowpoke sign directing the little cowboys, cowgirls, & their families to the barn yard in the back yard.  What you don't see is the cute wreaths that Karen created to let people know that the inside was only for "Toiletin' Not Loiterin'"  Guess the barn animals in the backyard was enough...no little animals making a mess in the house.  Everywhere you turned there were details that only a true OCD Mama (& borderline twin) would come up with and follow through with...but it sure makes for an amazingly good time.  The walkway was lined with bandanna stakes, the entrance adorned with Barnyard Buddies picture frame of the Birthday Cowpokes, and a wagon as you entered for gifts.

 And below you will see where the true fun begins.  The company that we hired brought, set up, and ran everything needed to make everyone as happy as a pig in a pile of mud (and should it have rained or SNOWED like like year- they would have brought out "indoor" animals and set up under cover).  There were pony rides, lamas, pigs, guinea pigs, chicks, chickens, hens, geese, and goats.  Food and bottles were there for the kids to feed them and after petting the bulk sanitizer was ready.  Jack was not a fan of much other than swinging.  Really?!?!  We plan, plan, plan-work, work, work- and bring live ponies to ride to your birthday party and you want to SWING?  I tried everything to get him to ride the pony...threats, bribery, sympathy...EVERYTHING.  He wanted nothing to do it and I was lucky that he stepped into the petting area and acknowledged some of the smaller animals before running back to the swing.  Gabriella wasn't feeling well.  Betsy was exhausted.  It was beautiful but warm for Bebe. Papa was making his way around his crew like a chicken with his head cut off. Even Noah rode the pony!  And so I had a beer! 



 It was time for "Happy Birthday" so we made our way over to the food area (in front of the super cute banners which Jack's room decor now has part of and the Barnyard frame) to blow out the candles.  Apparently although it was very hot...it was windy enough to not be able to light the super cute barnyard animals on the precious barnyard cupcakes...Jack wasn't phased...he wanted to swing, but bless Olivia's heart....she was rather upset but it worked out in the end.    If you look in the one picture I have from them doing the cupcakes (this should prove how MIA I was for everything in life from the positive Noah test and beyond) you can see Karen and I trying to shield the cupcake to get the candle lit. Hey, can't complain if that was our biggest obstacle! 


 Finally as people were heading out and the crew was starting to pack up Cowpoke Jack warmed up to the animals.  He held, fed, and even rode the pony.  These are some of my favorite pictures from the party.  How awesome for the photo slide show at the rehearsal dinner will these be?!?!  As guest left there were our signature CDs of music enjoyed by Jack and Olivia in the past year and precious wrapped barnyard animal cookies.  And so I don't forget the food spread was: popcorn from a real popcorn machine, veggies, fruit, pigs in a blanket, trail mix, cupcakes, water, juice, beer, and cookies to go. 






McWilliams, and hope your birthday wishes come true!

No comments: