Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 2011

The ladies and I are in Tyler this weekend at a craft retreat at Memory Lane Inn while the boys are visiting family in New Orleans.  It was beyond tough to drive away (after a few trips back in the house & calling the boys outside), but I managed to drive and actually arrive at the house instead of the airport or New Orleans.  The group had a previous retreat in McKinney which I missed due to
sweet Noah's birth day falling the same weekend.  Glad I was able to join them this trip and am happy that it is allowing me to do some catch up (although scattered and sparse) blogs so that I can get caught up and rejuvenated with The Relle Clan blog.  I'll update more on Memory Lane Inn/New Orleans weekend in a later post.
This winter was unlike anything we have seen in our 10 years in Texas.  Makes us fear what the dead of the summer is going to bring us.  There were many snow days but this was the first and just a taste of what was to come.  The Relle Clan stayed snuggled up at home, played a bit in the snow, made snow ice cream and thought it was just fantastic to be lazy together.  Little did we know what the future held.



The month was not all spent in our warm ups sipping hot chocolate.  Once we recouped from the holidays we were able to get out for some walks, Jack had a play date with his friend Joshua from Watters at McDonalds, Noah and I visited my class on their Brain Gym field trip, and Noah started to really become "independent" starting with holding his head high proud of his tolerance of tummy time.  Looking forward to what the year 2011 will bring to The Relle Clan!





No comments: