Thursday, August 2, 2007

Jack's Full Time Mom

As you know the past few months, although the best of my life with my new family, have also been the most trying. The pain that I felt in regards to leaving Jack in Daycare began to consume me and it flooded out on everyone that I encountered. After many tears, fights, number crunching, and tons of pros and cons lists Nick and I decided that right now, despite all the odds, the best thing for our family was for me to stay at home with Jack this first year and things would fall in to place somehow. Resigning so close to the start of school from the place where it all started here in Dallas was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Matthew (my Principal) and my team were so supportive which made leaving that much harder. Often after signing the paperwork I worried that we made the wrong decision. That was until today when I dropped Jack off at Daycare so that I could pack up my room, I (a complete stranger), watched a little girl take her first steps. At that moment I knew in my heart that no matter what happens......at least it will be one of his parents that is with him when he makes those monumental first steps or says his first word....not a stranger from Daycare. Tomorrow we head to Mom and Me then I am heading back to MST to try to finish up packing in the non air conditioned building. Boy do I have too much stuff- Garage Sale and Amazon already sounds like a great way to pull in some extra cash. On top of that I plan to network all year to see what we can come up with in hopes that something will come along allowing me more time with Jack...but right now I want to relish in my excitement. Thank you to all of you that listened, offered your thoughts and support, and gave great hugs to help Nick, Jack, and I get through this. You are truly all angels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision. Jack is lucky to have a mommy and daddy like you and Nick. And...I'm lucky to have you and Jack to keep me and Nathan company this year!!!!! We'll have so much fun together!

Love,
Ashley, Wayne, and Nate

Morgan said...

Well, now that I am an Ebay expert you know I will help you sell your stuff!