It was that time again this past weekend- LSU DFW Crawfish Boil Time! They might have moved locations, invited other SEC schools, and had a beer line that was over 30 minutes long...but us Texas Tigers still know how to pass a good time regardless.

Nick and I were first in line for
crawfish. It has been since last year for us so we were ready for some hot, steamy, straight from Baton Rouge boiled
crawfish.

And here they are-well were! Everything was great...the
crawfish, potatoes dipped in
Cane's sauce, corn, friends, music, and they even fixed the other kegs which made the beer line move faster.

And after eating many, many trays of
crawfish and still chasing it down with the flowing beer the atmosphere at the Double D Ranch took a little R & B twist...pretty sure it was from the wedding that was taking place right over the hill from our table. Before we knew it right after the flower girl walked down the "isle" the
LSU Music started blaring....you know us Southerns...everyone went running to stop the DJ. Hope our crude mouths, fish smelling fun didn't ruin their big day....sure gave us lots to laugh about.

Here is Trey after being called in as back up for the silent auction that Mommy who had partook in a few too many went a little overboard on. This was the moved that saved us and helped to seal the deal at the end of the auction.

Another hero from the silent auction.

And of course I couldn't need back up without my partner in crime-Jeremy.

Nick signing his life away for my damage.

In the end we all walked away with goods-times, food, & pretty much handled up on the silent auction!

Here is one of my silent prizes.....or not so much for that. I thought because the value was $50 that it would be a $50 gift card for $37. Turns out it was a $25 gift card, 2 shirts, 2
koozies, 2 magnets, a
keychain, and a Cane's dog all in a fabulous metal Cane's tin....not exactly $37 worth but the sizes fit Nick and I, Megan took home a
koozie & magnet, & Jack likes the dog...oh well....next time I'll know better...but will I remember is the big question?!?!

Thanks Megan "Mac" for watching Jack for us!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment