Saturday I had planned for us to go to the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival but I overslept and by the time Jack (who had fever AGAIN) and Nick got out and about the balloons had already launched so they got donuts instead. The Tigers were playing Saturday night so I knew that Sunday was our only other option. Big surprise- but we weren't ready to make it to the 7 AM launch so we did our Sunday Gymboree service, napped, and headed to the Festival Sunday evening. In all our years in Texas we've only ever watched the balloons from afar but were glad we chose to get up close and personal this year.
After a long walk from the cheap man's parking lot (on the way there were skydiving falling with flags above us-super cool) we headed straight for the food vendors.
A student's father gave me his old digital camera (to have on tap for classroom pictures since Jack broke our small one). I brought it along because the big camera was low on battery, snapped this video, but realized when we got home that it must not tape sound. Oh well, so glad to have a decent camera to carry around (and for my classroom of course that is really why I asked) because the iPhone takes pictures but they don't always come out so great. Enjoy!
Can't wait to go back next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment