Last weekend as usual was a whirlwind. Friday was an early release day but the teachers had to stay for a training that honestly has robbed me of priceless hours of my life thus far this year and we have one more afternoon session to go. Nick got to miss this lovely meeting (as most meetings he is able to since they are not physical education curriculum based) so he left early from his office to pick Jack up and take him in to see a new pediatrician for a second opinion on his since summer fever spells. I left a bit early to meet them, was at the pediatrician til almost 5, failed at giving blood next door due to an idiot blood taker, left to go to a team building happy hour, got picked up intoxicated by Angela to head to the store to pick up materials for the decorations for Karen's baby shower (Thanks Angela!), and crashed to be ready to set up at 9 the next morning. I mean really....what more can get crammed into a day...oh and I taught too....that is enough to kill a normal person.
All of that made Sunday with Karen, Olivia, and my Jack in the perfect weather at the Arboretum Pumpkin Patch that much sweeter.

Jack and Olivia loaded up and ready to go.

Too bad we had to wait for preggo Karen to obsessively clean up the wagon before we headed out....Thanks Karen!

Once we got passed the wagon cleaning, stopping to get Karen an iced tea from Sonic, and finding our way there after the captain got us turned around...the parking lot was packed but we weren't going to let that ruin our day.

While taking turns at the wagon while everyone had a potty break Jack decided to pose (I mean ride on) one of the huge pumpkins lining the sidewalk.

We headed straight to find the perfect picnic spot before even attempting to explore the pumpkin area...afterall....we had been ready since before nine and driving for awhile. :)

While Karen and I finished eating and caught some rays Jack and Olivia had a ton of fun running around in the sun.

But they had more fun sliding down the handle of the wagon. We joked about having saved the hassle and gas to let them slide down the wagon handle in a backyard but we both knew it was WAY better here than in a regular, old backyard!

I mean how much more fun can one have?!?!?

This much more!

Jack and Olivia are usually into giving each other sweet kisses on the lips...today they were all about blowing kisses to each other.

I asked Olivia to blow a kiss to Harper.

And instead they both decided to share their sweet kisses for real with baby Harper.

Karen is mighty lucky to have two sweet baby girls.....and I know I'm sure lucky to have my perfect baby boy!

It was finally time to explore the pumpkin patch area. What better place to start than the big pumpkin house?

Just because Karen said it about a million times, "Don't those gray pumpkins kinda creep you out?"

On to jump from hay bail to hay bail...if we didn't have fevers before from allergies....we will now.

We love afternoons in the Arboretum together!

And of course....we can't leave the Arboretum without climbing on the storybook structures that are built begging kids to climb on them but posted with "Do Not Climb" signs all over them. So ready for this "theme" to be over.....it's been up forever! As a member I might have to suggest this. ;)

Well we climbed until Karen noticed a rusty nail up top and with her lucky lately....she instantly started to corral the kids down.

Karen felt something tickling her leg as we both navigated the wagon through the crowds to the exit of the Arboretum (she pulled and I pushed). When we stopped to look this is what we saw....I mean....could life get more difficult. Covered wagon, cold water, raisin snacks, feet propped up, a day of fun, being pulled, and stopping a second later to pick out mini pumpkins to take home from the gift shop.
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. It was just what I needed with people I have made such good memories with and look forward to making many more with. I'm so jealous of Karen and her new arrival that is coming soon and the time away from work that she will have this Winter/Spring to spend with her babies. I would give anything to go back to the year we spent together being Moms and living life to the fullest every day like Sunday at the Arboretum Pumpkin Patch (disclaimer-working 2 days a week would be ideal-don't want to get flamed because at times I love the challenge and break from motherhood).

I love you Jack!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment