Friday, May 28, 2010

Baby Relle #2

If I had nickel for every time I swore that Baby Relle #2 would not be the typical "second child" and that all things would be created equal, if not better...I'd be rich. But, unfortunately I'm not rich and this poor baby thus far has not been nearly as documented as Sir Jack was. And for that I am sorry and vow now, again, to be a better mommy....but know that our LOVE and excitement is solid in the absence of blog updates, belly pictures, and planning.
Here is our little being at 7 weeks. The picture wasn't much to show but that strong heartbeat was music to Nick and I's ears.
13 weeks...nope not 20 like you would expect from the picture...just plain old 13 weeks. Believe it or not I was larger previous to this belly picture.....guess luckily it was like a room having to get messy before it gets clean.
Jack is so cute...he loves to have his belly shots taken (you know the 3 times we have taken them) and is always giving hugs, kisses, and is so serious when it comes to anything to do with the baby. He is going to be such a GREAT BIG BROTHER!
Here is our little bambino at 13 weeks with Dr. Gore. Everything looked great! The baby was flipping around and the heartbeat was 168. He requested to see me back in 7 weeks to do a fetal eckogram to check out our little ones ticker. Amazing how much they grow in just 6 weeks.
14 weeks...no concern for baby growing clearly. Around this point I started feeling my little bit moving around in my belly...can't wait for full kids and belly flips!
16 weeks
We had our 4 week appointment with Dr. Campbell today. The heartbeat was a strong 148. We'll go back in a little over 4 weeks because Dr. Campbell is going to be out of town. Her office isn't doing my 20 week sonogram because I will be seeing Dr. Gore that week as well (he is out of town with Dr. Campbell) so why double dip..although I love any chance I can get to see my little one so wouldn't complain to any double dipping.



Here is a run down on how things have gone to date:


Weight Gain- Let's not talk about it. Doesn't help I was up 15 lbs over the weight when I got pregnant with Jack


Cravings- Sweets and Route 44 Sonic Water with lemon


Blood Pressure- CRAZY LOW 75/55 (varies up and down throughout the day). This led to terrible headaches, dizzy spells, exhaustion, and feeling sick to my stomach often.The heart surgeon has taken me off of the daily dose of Toprol to help get it up and will only resume should my blood pressure increase as the pregnancy progresses.


Gender Guesses- I have been obsessing (I know...me obsessing...not typical huh?!?). We have a prediction from 13 weeks from Dr. Gore but aren't sharing til we have 100% confirmation...which is where the obsessing comes in...wish I had not percentage then could be 50/50 clueless.

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

OHHHH! I've been meaning to send you an email to ask how things are going. I can't believe you are that far along already. I can't wait to hear what it is!!! With that heartbeat - I have a guess too!