Friday, April 4, 2008

Roller Coaster Jack

This is what Jack has looked like the majority of this week. Not always with tears, but always snuggling up and sad because he is not feeling well.
Doesn't it just break your heart?!?
He wouldn't eat anything except Cheerios, Mac & Cheese, and fruit. When he did eat we were able to take that energy, combined with new toys, and get a smile...
Here he is post his first meal after 2 days of boycotting all foods, with his new toys, and in the big kid bathtub with Nick.
You could tell he wanted to smile but I think he was so used to being sad he had to warm up to it...
BUT alas we finally got a good ole Jack smile.

Last night is the first time this week he slept the whole night (even through a hail storm), in his crib, and woke up fever free without any meds. Still only eating mac & cheese and fruit but I'm going to go with it...but has had some significant wheezing this morning so I'm taking him in this afternoon for them to listen to him breathing. I'm sure it is just a matter of a few breathing treatments but want to make sure before we get into the weekend. Poor man just can't stay on going up on this roller coaster. Can't wait to get out of the house even if it is to the doctor's....I feel like the walls are caving in on Jack and I and fear how our skin/eyes will react to sunlight when we do step outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He eats just like his Uncle Eric. It must be a Relle trait.

#1 Uncle
(Blake)

SpunkyToes said...

Oh no!! Not sick again! Poor guy and you!! Hugs. We've been a sick house this week as well. Get better soon!