Today Ashley invited Jack and I to join her friends for a trip to Owens Farm (yep-the sausage people) in Richardson. It was another beautiful day and everyone had a blast.
Here is the group of kiddos (and Marla).The goats were a bit aggressive and were able to pull the cup of feed right out of my hand.
After Jack saw them attack our cup he knew to keep a safe distance.
After the incident with the big goats Jack and I decided we should stick to the sweet baby goats instead. Seeing that the baby goats were a lot nicer Jack decided to be brave and give feeding them a try alone.
"I don't know little goat...I think babies are supposed to eat mashed up foods. But I'll go ahead and give it to you since you are being polite!"
"Oh, I get it...here baby goat, baby goat."
"Slow down...you're eating to fast and kinda getting a bit too pushy for me."
"Hey you...step back...this is my baby goat!"
"All gone little man....let's go see if we can find you some more."
The farm also had other animals like horses, turkeys, and donkeys that the kids enjoyed looking at.
The best part of the trip to Owens Farm was the hay ride. This was Jack's first hay ride! At first he was a little unsure...but by the end he was standing up and looking out at the beautiful view of the farm while enjoying the ride.
I love my Little Farmer Jack!
The group again before heading out to lunch. Spending the morning at the farm sure does work up an appetite.
"I don't know little goat...I think babies are supposed to eat mashed up foods. But I'll go ahead and give it to you since you are being polite!"
"Oh, I get it...here baby goat, baby goat."
"Slow down...you're eating to fast and kinda getting a bit too pushy for me."
"Hey you...step back...this is my baby goat!"
"All gone little man....let's go see if we can find you some more."
The group again before heading out to lunch. Spending the morning at the farm sure does work up an appetite.
Lunch was tasty and then it was back home to dream about our trip to Owens Farm.
1 comment:
You guys are staying super busy!! That looks like a lot of fun! Glad you had fun.
Post a Comment