Thursday we picked Jack up from school and headed to the DFW Airport. Our first thought was that we had plenty time to eat at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner, but once we rounded the curve on 121 and saw the traffic, we knew it was straight to the airport for us. Once checked in (with luggage in tow...no way we were paying those fees to check our bags) we settled for TGIFridays in the airport while waiting for our plane.

Before boarding the plane they were offering some pretty good incentives to 3 passengers willing to stay in Dallas til the first flight the next morning....but we were told via text by Bebe...not only No, but HELL NO! So we gave Jack some
Benadryll (you know for the allergies that hit him in the airport) and boarded the plane. I rushed on thinking I scored great seats 2
nd row window...but then was informed by the passenger whose seat I was in, that seats are assigned....BOY.....it's been awhile since we've flown anything other than Southwest...she probably thought....who is this lady not knowing seats are assigned on flights?!?!

Jack LOVED looking out the window at all the lights as we took off. He drank his milk and colored with his color less markers the whole flight...no napping for us!!

When we landed Dad stayed back and Jack ran up to Mom...but once he spotted Papa...he flew to his arms. Here they are walking to the car...it was like no time had passed and he sees them all the time...and it had been well over their 6 week visit rule because of the hurricane and us missing the previous trip due to illness.

Friday we woke up after a late (and rough night) and got all ready for Nana,
Gramps, Uncle Blake, and Uncle Eric to come and play. Jack passed the time waiting by playing in the bucket of toys that Bebe had waiting for him.

Who needs Bebe's toys when Nana brings a bag of goodies?!?

I slept through most of their visit (sorry I wasn't able to catch up) but here are some pictures that Nick took...it looked like they had a great visit...I had one of the best naps I'd had in a long time too...aren't having grandparents around great!

Jack started making this precious face while saying, "
Oh Wow!"
After the
Relle's headed back to New Orleans Jack took some time to show Papa and Bebe what he is going to ask Santa for. He was too cute making that face while pointing and hollering out,
"Oh Wow!"
Papa and Bebe went to Babies R Us to get some gear to help make the Pack and Play more pleasurable for Jack during his stay...but this was about the only time he experienced them...he for sure didn't in the Pack and Play which he never visited while in town. Spoiled much?!?!

Aunt Betsy had gotten Jack some cool dress up gear for his playroom and as you can tell him and Papa enjoyed testing it out. If you look he is signing "more" for Papa to take him on another round in the Lego wagon.

Saturday morning early we headed out to the Anything
Geaux's Tailgate spot to start our day of Tiger Fun!

This was the only time Jack was still enough for me to snap a picture with him...there was so much to do, so many people to visit with, and again...so much to do!!!

He loved following the boys around the tailgate. Here Nicholas and him were checking out his cool glasses trying to distract him from the temporary tattoo that we had just put on his hand that he wasn't too sure about.

Around noon we made the walk towards Mike's cage and the stadium so our Little Tiger could hear his favorite band as they came down the hill.

Robin and Derrick drove in to go to the game and came along for the walk. In all the years we've been tailgating....Nick and I had never seen the band and team march down the field hill. It was neat, but crowded and not what we thought- so I think next time we'll spend that time eating and drinking at the tent instead.

But Jack did enjoy it and was clapping and dancing along to the music on Nick's shoulders.

A bunch of Texas Tigers were in town for the game and stopped by to say hi. Here is the crew....if only Jeremy were able to make it in.

Betsy brought the "cage" for the kids with tons of toys and I thought Jack would have flashbacks and not want to be confined...but he LOVED playing in there with all the big kids.

Boy had Gabriella grown since the Summer when we saw her last. And she even had her ears pierced like a big kid. Wish Nick and I could have spent more time with her...can't wait til Christmas when they can play together (and we can too) without all the chaos and crowds.

The
Relle's and The Sullivan's

Glad they snapped a picture of it while we were in the game because I don't think I would have believed that Jack slept with all the sounds around...little man was worn out!

But after his nap it was back to being non-stop. Nicholas and Joseph took him on rides in his
LSU wagon that we loaned to Anything
Geaux for the football season.

We missed Aunt Deborah before the game, but were able to hook up after the sad loss. Thanks to Anything
Geauxs for being so nice to all our friends that stopped by...It doesn't matter if you Win or Loose...It's how you tailgate...and
ya'll for sure know how to tailgate.

While the crew was packing up Jack and some Tigers stayed warm in the cars. From what I hear all the wee ones were a bit slap happy at this point.

After the game it was time to come down from the day before hitting the sack. Jack wasn't going to let a loss get him down...he continued to support the Tigers by sporting the jersey Uncle Brian had gotten him. Notice that we were able to get him to put a tattoo on his face too!

Sunday the Nolan's stopped by to say good-by to Jack and the playing picked up where it left off at the tailgate.

Jack couldn't leave without one more ride on the bike with Papa. He was as usual obsessed with Papa while we were in town...every 3rd word/mumble out of his mouth was Papa.

Poor Jack...he didn't like all of us laughing at him because his pants were pulled up so high. Look at his poor chin...it still bleeds from time to time...hopefully it will heal up soon.
Sorry it took so long to get this post published...I managed to upload the pictures early last week and never got around to putting in some commentary...Now who knows when I'll get to the update about this weekend....the list for tonight is beyond a mile long. 5 more days til the Thanksgiving Break...I CAN'T WAIT!!!
3 comments:
What a fun weekend.
Y'all really looked like y'all had a fun time. I am jealous because we never got to make it to a game this year! I hear ya about counting down till Thanksgiving.
I am so sad I never got to meet up with y'all at the game! PS - I had the same tattoo on my cheek!
Post a Comment