Friday night The Relle Clan had a tasty dinner at the Tavares's and were in bed by 10...we go to bed earlier on Fridays than on weekdays...guess the week just catches up with us. Saturday took a sad turn of events...Laura (a friend, co-worker, classroom neighbors) husband suffered a brain aneurysm Friday night and I spent the day supporting her at the hospital. His surgery went alright and it is a waiting game while he is in the ICU but daily we hear reports that are so promising. Please keep David and his family in your thoughts. By the time I got home I was showering as our dinner guest that night were arriving. Nick had his Northlake friends over for pizza and Wii (& I had Angela over :) ). Sunday was all about sleeping in and family time....I'd read about a Truck Time Expo in "the city" so we loaded in the Jetta and made the drive.

Isn't our man cool in his shades? He is so big now he gets on in the stroller himself without any help. BTW- We dressed way to warm for this event...it was 30 degrees the day before and over 70...guess we should watch the weather more often.
"Thanks Mom for always finding such cool activities...and are you sure this is safe being up this high?"
I've always wanted to see the inside of an 18 Wheeler...this one I'm sure was clean just for the show but for sure smelled like most probably do...an ashtray and I for sure wouldn't let Jack touch the bed in the back. Here he is driving the big rig with me.

Don't ever tell me I'm too much of a germ freak and I'll scar Jack...pretty sure his hands are on a Sanitation truck and they weren't washed til right before lunch...between there was much finger sucking too....YUCK!

We thought this was going to be really neat to see the inside of the money truck...

Pretty sure it was a party bus that I again wasn't too keen on Jack touching the seats...I bet the Sanitation Truck was cleaner.

This one made me nervous...I was waiting in line for the fire truck just praying that the truck above was secure. Jack loved walking up and down the ramps of this one.

Every little boys dream...wish he had his fire hat from Aunt
Betsy!

Our Little Fire Chief!
Vroom!
Vroom!

Jack figured out how to honk the horn on this one...it was hard to get him off.

Before heading back to the car the fire crew taught Jack how to exit the house if it is on fire and he earned a sticker for "jumping out the window".

Since we were in the city and the line for the hot dogs was long we headed to Bread Winners for lunch. The wait wasn't too bad but we opted to get a table even faster by taking advantage of the beautiful weather on the patio...Jack loved the birds everywhere. The of course one more stop at Right Start where we bought Jack some Christmas Gifts...we'll see if we can hold out til then before giving it to him. By the time we got home we napped for 3 hours which for Jack wasn't a problem...Nick and I trying to get to sleep last night...a problem!
1 comment:
How to survive the fall rollercoaster:
a. layer
b. layer
c. layer
Post a Comment