Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Nick Weekend!

Saturday was Nick's birthday and when he woke up Jack and I had hung the Birthday banner that my kids decorated for him Friday afternoon.
Jack and I offered to go get Dad donuts for his Birthday Breakfast but the boys insisted that I stay in bed and they would go out and get breakfast...you don't have to tell me twice. :)
This was the first taste of donuts for Jack and he was a fan to say the least.
The McWilliams were the first to arrive to wish Nick a Happy Birthday (& Celebrate the Holidays)...while waiting for others to join us the kids ate, played, and...
helped Nick open his gift. That's right...his one gift-a package of Styrofoam cups that say, "You don't know how many friends you have til you get a big screen.". Appropriate huh?!?
Jack was a crazy man that night...spinning around, jumping from room to room, playing up a storm with Johnson and Miley, and loving the continued pattern of tons of sugar....Cookie Cake...Yum!
The evening ended with a goodbye kiss between Jack and Willow....Olivia won't be happy that she had to head home early when she finds out about this.
Sunday the temperature was 76 & windy so we took advantage and spent some time in the yard. Look how big he looks!
"Um Mom and Dad....we know the neighbors don't have much style with their holiday decorations...but none of them still have their Halloween pumpkins out...do you think we should toss this? Wait...my hand is stuck in it and there are bugs everywhere...just kidding, but really let's not give them ammo to talk about us."
"I know it is your birthday weekend Dad but can't you get in trouble for child labor?"
"I made the pile of leaves so I can jump in them...right?!?!"

After finishing the yard we went to the grocery. Earlier that day Nick mentioned that Jack's ear looked red inside. The whole week he had a very low grade fever but we thought it was a tooth that is coming in up front....but when the was grabbing his ear in the store saying, "Ow" we knew it must be infected. We went straight to the new Acute Care place that opened by us and for sure there was an infection in the Right ear. They have him on antibiotics for 10 days and last night was NOT fun at all...but he was up and ready to start the week off this morning so we all headed to school. I'm thinking tubes are in our future soon after the new year.

No comments: