Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day

Tuesday morning we woke up to find out that school was delayed by 2 hours because of ice on the road. We all crawled back into bed, but Jack had different plans for us....up and ready to go. I slept a little later and around 8 Jack came running in to announce he was wearing purple pants-which was super exciting since it was a new and challenging word-but it threw me off even more because he wasn't in his uniform. That is when Nick told me school had been cancelled. Jack's school was still only delayed but we decided to stay warm as a family all day. So to pass the time we baked holiday cookies!

Nick showed Jack how to use the sifter once...
and little man took over and sifted the rest.
Jack stood on the counter (I know...not safe and probably a bad habit we'll have to fix later) but he was in amazement at how the mixer worked.
Again....show the little baker once and...
away he goes cutting the rest of the cookies.

Here he was instructing us that we had enough trees and needed more Js, As, Cs, and Ks.
TROUBLE!
After the cookies had baked the Tavares crew came over for a playdate, lunch, and of course decorating cookies.
Jack thought Jonah was too cute. Priceless!
Here is Jack laughing at me and Dad because he knew after I saw Nick holding Jonah I'd be wanting another baby...sorry grandparents...not going to happen. :(
The decorating artists.
Taste Test.
Yum!
Do you think it was good?
A bit more cleaner than Jack wouldn't you say?!?
Jack was having trouble sleeping that night so we snuggled up on the couch with his pillow, blanket, and Glow Worm. I know that it is bad and he should cry it out...but I LOVE snuggling and it happens so rare, especially with Nick on the other couch, so I'll fix those habits later too....One day he won't fit on the couch with me so I want to live it up now while I can.

No comments: