How do I set the limit on the price of Jack...well, below is what led up to my realizing what the price has been set at if I continue on this path...
After playing around we had some Dicky's dinner of hot dog for Jack, bbq sandwich for Nick, and my turkey leg for Jack. It was almost bigger than him...but he handled up on it no prob.I do feel that I should quote two particular cards that did touch me and helped to stomach all of the time I missed this year with Jack and Nick a tish more...but not fully:
Miriam's Mom included on the card attached to her summer breakfast for my family basket these sweet words:
Mrs. Relle,
Thank you so very much for everything that you have done this year. Miriam has truly thrived in your care. I could not have asked for a better teacher for her. You have managed to get her enthused about school again and instill within her a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
Thank you,
Jessica
Lucas's Mom wrote at the top of her card attached to wonderful gift cards the following note:
Jenn,
Lucas wrote his card first, I don't know what else I can say...he said it all. I'm so thankful Lucas had you for first grade. Thank you for seeing what a smart, loving kid he is. Have a great summer.
Michelle
PS- Your homework is....do not write us a thank you note, just enjoy
Here is what Lucas wrote:
Dear Mrs. Relle You=#1,
You are truly the best teacher I've ever heard, seen, and learned from. You are the best person in my world.
Sincerely,
Lucas
The ironic thing is that these two were my brightest, yet almost most challenging students (no one tops my little friend that thanfully will be next door in first again next year and not in my classroom) this year with tons of potential...just needed someone to work with them to make use of it, learn how to work with their anger issues, and love them for who they were rather than try to change them into something they aren't and will never be. Honestly I think they would have died in any other class....but those misfits just become my goal and in the end....I love them the most! I pray that next year their teacher continue with their growth!
No comments:
Post a Comment