Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Overwhelmed Update

The blog lately has been a bit overwhelming to me...not sure if that is how to describe it, but I have been avoiding it along with many other things and I apologize to Jack (for many reasons other than the lack of documentation).

Here is our lil man passed out on pain pills headed home from the hospital on Thursday. Too bad his peaceful, yet loud snoring state of comfort did not last as long as we hoped. Thursday as I said he stayed in bed but was healing nicely. Friday Nick was going to stay home with him but the tons of Texas snow canceled school so the whole Relle Clan stayed home to play in the snow and celebrate my birthday together.
There of course was a tish of damage.

But nothing an ice cold snow beer couldn't handle.

The good.
The bad.
And the ugly.
If you can't tell that is our boot leg sled that us Louisiana coon-asses didn't realize needed to be on a hard packed hill to slide nicely, but none the less gave the garbage can lid a shot-Nick was going to reach down and pull me around the backyard. Apparently small garbage lids, thick soft snow, and my fat ass don't mix well. I sunk and it took quite a bit to get me up.

A few days later he no longer had my Neiman Marcus hat, scarf, or beer and looked more like an elephant, and then a pig, and now there is just a bit of remains all over of the big snow fun here last week-but the memories remain.
The McWilliams spontaneously came over for some fried food (which was originally steak reservations, then pizza, and ended up fried chicken, french fries, okra, and pickles....I mean I made it to 31...why not clog it all up and end on a good note?!?
Nick was supposed to help the kids decorate the birthday cake. He set down the tub o sprinkles, grabbed some french fries, and went to hang out with Aaron in the living room. This is what I walked into...there were more sprinkles in mouths and the floor than the cake. Some even came from off the cake and into the mouth. Cleaning it up to me gave me that sand in the bathing suit annoyance...but it's all in the spirit of me so that is all that matters-and Nick now knows a bit more about supervision with projects and toddlers.
On my birthday I officially had two gifts to open. Some MF earrings shipped from Mom and Dad and this Happy Birthday banner that I LOVE from Lisa. She made one for her family forever ago and remembered me asking for one as a gift one day. I love that it is classy (because you know that is my middle name) and that it can be used for everyone. I also had many cards from wonderful friends and family (some included money too). My gifts from the boys were things that I needed and had already gotten- my lens, my shopping spree on Sunday, Disney, and the plane ticket to the wedding in April in the Keys. Thanks everyone for a fantastic birthday!
Jack and I were so prepared for Valentine's Day we made his box early on in January.
Too bad this is how he looked on Sunday resulting in a day home with fever Sunday and Monday missing his Valentine's Party at school. We knew the recovery couldn't be that easy....he's a Relle which is a division of Antie after all. It took a long time for his fever to go down, no eating, and an after hours calling into the ENT hoping not to be interrupting his romantic Valentine's. The thought is that it was a secondary virus which is common after surgery due to the fever being over 101 and not reducing with fever meds. He pulled through and now we are just tackling those painful drops, a funk breath, and dreading the 5-7 day mark when the scabs fall off and the pain that hopefully is gone by then returns....Hoping we never have to go through this again or worse....tonsils!
But my Valentine's Day was nice since I was trapped for my birthday-shopping all day (gift cards and coupons only I kinda promise), a steak/baked potato/grilled asparagus with wine and calla lilly dinner made by Nick, and LOVE for my family!

No comments: