Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

I am giving ya'll a recap of our weekend instead of doing my progress reports...after checking a ton of collected work, filling out GT paperwork, and filling out Speech paperwork (for just one student...it was a TON) there is no way I can think school anymore tonight. Between meetings, paperwork, and testing...not sure when I am supposed to plan effective lessons and follow through with them...I will stop here I promise.

We had a nice weekend! Nick, Jack, and I headed to the Parnell's Friday night for dinner. We hadn't spent time with just them in FOREVER. Glad we were able to get something together and hopefully it won't be so long before the next get together.
Jack loved the Mac and Cheese that Ashley made the boys. He is discussing something with Nathan right here...just not sure what. I know it involves a questions...you can tell by his what/where/why hand motion.
After dinner we did put his shirt back on but the pants were way too cheesy. Ashley did offer some of Nathan's but we thought we'd let him finish off the white trash look with a duck hanging out his mouth and leading Nathan around like a dog on a leash.
The boys were soooo cute. If you told them to hug they both embraced each other and while Jack snuggled his head on Nathan's shoulder Nathan would pat Jack's back. I know in this picture it looks like Nathan doesn't like it...but I promise they both loved to hug their best friend.
It was about time for us to head and as I was trying to pick up the mess both boys gave me the, What are you doing crazy lady, look although I'm sure it took Nathan just as long as Jack to fall asleep...that's right...we weren't even out the neighborhood.
Saturday morning the Relle Clan slept til about 8:45 (Nick and I even went to bed at 10:15-we don't even do that on school nights) and decided to head to McKinney to take advantage of a $10 credit that was expiring on Sunday. Jack wasn't enjoying his grilled cheese (which is not normal) so we decided to see if he would be interested if we gave him the whole half.
He wasn't so much interested in eating it but though it was hilarious to hold it in his mouth without using his hands. I know it is hard to see, I can't find the pictures of him without a bib, but he was a precious Tiger fan in his purple and gold plaid shirt that Mary Beth had made for him. The whole Relle Clan was wearing their spirit wear and of course Jack was strolling in style (LSU Stroller) many heads turned our way when walking around after lunch-GEAUX TIGERS!
It was 6 (too close to kick off for Nick to go out and about) but we couldn't pass up checking out the Balloons from the Plano Balloon Festival...we had planned to be up and there for the 7 AM launching...but you know us Relle's...we need our beauty sleep. So we loaded up a sac of snacks, grabbed the picnic blanket, and drove to an area in the Tavares neighborhood where we were able to watch them from afar...but FREE!
Jack wasn't too sure what they were but did point to all of them...and the passing cars...and the other people watching the launch.
Utopia!
Tiger football kick off is important...but not nearly as important as experiencing such a beautiful site, on such a perfect evening, with the most wonderful family in the world.
As the balloons started to drift farther out of site we decided it was time to head home and cheer our Tigers on to their entirely too close for comfort victory against Auburn.
During a commercial I had the camera looking at the balloon pictures and Jack wanted his picture taken so I did just that....OK....I took a lot-but how could I not? He is so cute!
Hi Jack!
Say Cheese!
Just love those eyes!
Things in our house happen during commercials during football games so eventually Jack had his bath and was ready for bed and of course tried to prolong it by falling. His cheek slammed into the corner of the coffee table on the way down. I still had the camera on the couch so I captured some of this pitiful site for you all to see.
He wasn't exaggerating...it was a pretty bad mark even with the ice.
But apparently his "teeth" were bothering him too. :)

Tonight for bed we tried on some Superman PJs that Gramps sent Jack awhile back. It took us forever to get them washed (with the sticker on the shirt...argh) and although we thought he looked precious...he wasn't down with the cape.
No matter how many times we would put it on he would circle around like a puppy chasing his tail until he got it off...then he would hand it to us while squawking.
Content without cape he got Nick's slippers to complete his bedtime outfit Jack style.
He is my Superman!!!
On a side note-Today I hosted an Uppercase Living Party. If you haven't seen there products check them out at http://www.uppercaseliving.com/ Here is one item I purchased at a previous party that we finally got around to putting up in Jack's/Guest Bathroom. It is like a fat head/vinyl sticker that when removed doesn't damage the wall or surface it was applied on. There are so many creative things you can do with them for your home, gifts, etc. If you are interested in purchasing anything let me know. We are closing out my party on October 1st. I love so much it is going to be hard to narrow down my shopping list.

Off to bed...Must get my sleep for Monday :(

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

What a fun weekend. I've been wanting to get Sean a cape but good to know it might not be enjoyed just yet. Hope that mark on Jack's cheek is much better today.