Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween wasn't what we planned a month ago...but it was just what we needed and more than we could have asked for. The McWilliam's Family and the Relle Clan had planned to host a Halloween Party but that fell through, then we planned to get Jack and Olivia together so that they could play and we could take advantage of Halloween being on a Friday, but with conferences, Trunk or Treating, Red Ribbon Week, Friday being Crazy Hair, Pep Rally, Bounce House Party, and Halloween all on a Friday with pictures the next morning....both families decided it would be best to lay low, family style.



Jack had just as busy of a day at Watters with their party and parade so we gathered him up, picked up some candy at Target, and Sloppy Joe makings (and antibiotics for me-gotta get better for the Bama Game) from Market Street and headed home.
While waiting for me to finish making dinner Jack read his Curious George Halloween Book from Uncle Blake...Thanks Uncle Blake....he loves it and it allowed me to do the cooking Jack Free.

Jack LOVED the Sloppy Joes. It is a (Nolan-Antie) family tradition to have Sloppy Joes and Lays Potato chips on Halloween so I'm glad that Jack enjoys it. He literally almost cleaned the whole plate.

While waiting for Trick or Treating to start Cowboy Jack passed the time by playing with the bowl of Tootsie Pops.

What can I say...The Cutest Cowpoke around!

Who is for sure going to need a tool set from Santa because he uses any stick (crayons included) as a screwdriver for any screw he sees. Didn't learn that from me!

Can we say HAM?!?

It was time to go and although he wanted to use his LSU Pumpkin from Aunt Mary Beth last year we decided that he needs to wait one more year...it was pretty heavy and we had some walking to do.

And he's off...

"Ah...I see you buy the cheap stuff like Mom. Thanks anyways...I love stuff in my pumpkin."

"Gosh...cowboys do a lot of walking. Good thing my boots are comfortable."

"Dad you don't have to walk with me...I bet they will think I have a pistol....no one messes with a cowboy."

"Alright Dad...I'll hold your hand on the sidewalk...but I'm doing this next house alone."

"Hey big kids stick em' up and give me some candy!"

"Hello in there...I see you...didn't you hear me knock?"
"Bags of chips...totally worth the wait at the door...Mom...they give out better stuff than us for sure."

Jack was such a trooper...he picked up on what to do so quick, walked pretty much the whole way (all the way to the cul-de-sac at the other end of our street), carried his pumpkin the entire time, signed thank you (which they all thought was him blowing a kiss) and said good bye at every house (and all the way down the sidewalk to the next house), and honestly could have kept going but we wanted to hand out some candy too. Everyone thought he was too cute...how could they not?!?!
"Oh no...I forgot to take my horse out with me Trick or Treating."
"Giddy up, Giddy up!"
Jack was so cute and so much fun at Halloween this year...I'm already brainstorming what he will be next year.
Happy Halloween!!!!

3 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Love the captions!! What a cute cowboy.

Team Andersen said...

Jack-
You are too cute as a cowboy! Maybe you can protect Nola when she gets older. Glad y'all had a fun Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Where are the chips? I did not see any on Cowboy Jack's plate. Where are the chips? We want chips!! We want chips!!! We want Chips!!!!!

The cowboy outfit was great. I guess we have a real TEXAN on our hands. Nobody better walk in that house without identification.

Made next year you can dress Jack up like a Tiger and feed Nick Satan to him. Just a thought.