Christmas Eve for us started like usual....sickly. Nick headed to Lake After Hours to get antibiotics for his ear ache, Jack was taking breathing treatments to help his coughing, and I...


had what the Lake After Hours (separate trip from Nick's) believes was an allergic reaction to the iodine IV that was administered Monday at my annual heart CT angiogram. Results to come tomorrow morning. Rash has gone down but I am still on the steroids and itch medicine as it diminishes.

While Nick was at the doctor we headed to the Prescotts for their Christmas Eve party. Jimbo followed through with his promise to Jack that he could turn the lights to the giant Christmas tree in his yard on. How cool is that?!

Sweets-a pattern this holiday (for us all).

Jack couldn't get enough off Jimbo this trip. Here they are "honking" and "yelping" each other.
"Let's do it again Jimbo!"
Papa had to do a little engineering work to get the Disney Cast Members upright in their Christmas Train. This was another pattern that repeated itself often this holiday-but well worth the hassle because the train was a hit. Yes Mom and Dad-you were right...the grand kids LOVE it!

Jack got to open his present from Nick and I on Christmas Eve~Christmas pajamas (that will fit him til he is 18-too bad Nick's barely fit now-more on that later).

We hooked Santa up with some Christmas tree cookies, milk, and carrot midgets for the reindeer on the super cute Cookies and Milk plate/mug that I bought from Learning Express when they were going out of business in Allen-SCORE (til we have a complete family to make a platter with love).

The Relle Clan

Daddy and Mommy both took turns reading the traditional (same book read to me as a child), Twas the Night Before Christmas, to Jack. Papa had been reading it to him nightly via the Hallmark book he recorded on and mailed to Jack. I think Jack nearly has it memorized like I do...still working on Dad...he'll get there.

This was an alternate provided by Dad in case Nick was uncomfortable in his size small woman's fleece pj pants I apparently purchased for him. Dad tried on his plaid pants too but they were capri's....should have been a wake up call to stop the sweets pattern over the holiday...nope, resulted in an inappropriate photo shoot and no worries...this is the only one being posted and he returned to his Christmas pjs before dreaming of sugar plums.

Santa Claus came to town!

He ate most of the cookies, drank most of the milk, and the reindeer handled up on the carrots...but apparently not enough to not hurt Jack's feeling the next morning...when he responded, head down and shaking, "
Santa didn't eat my cookies!" OK....lesson learned. Sorry Jack that Santa disappointed you.

The reaction wasn't what I expected, but hey-we aren't all the Folgers commercials-and in the end he was very please with his "lots of toys and books" that he asked Santa for.

And the best part for him...the stocking goodies. Look, another pack of crayons for the bathtub...doesn't take much does it?!?

My Christmas Angel

Christmas Morning Breakfast- scrambled/fried eggs, pan fried bacon, and Nina's cinnamon rolls.

The Saias arrived around lunchtime and before trying to get the kids down for a nap we decided to open up presents before the crowds arrived. Neither were into a bunch since they had been up late the night before, but enjoyed their gifts none the less.

Papa Joe's traditional Christmas Day steak dinner....YUMMY!

The kid table (with Nick and Travis). PS- Gabriella had spilt water all on her shirt during dinner....she didn't run around topless all day...that was Nick pants less the night before. Don't you just love Jack gazing on her?!?

Bebe's stocking was another favorite...but I think that the candy from the adults stockings was the true favorite for both Jack and Gabriella.
What a wonderful Christmas....on to New Orleans.
I plan to finish these up tomorrow and then I'll change the post date to January after the New Year so that they show up once the month changes over for those that haven't been waiting since the 25th for the holiday updates-Lucky you huh?! I aim to please (working on this)!
No comments:
Post a Comment