Taking a quick rewind back to my trip to the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta at the beginning of November. Since I didn't have a small camera compliments of "Trouble" and didn't want to lug my good camera I was at the mercy of others. We compiled the pictures from everyone else's cameras and here are a few.
We flew in on Wednesday morning so that we could enjoy the city. After checking in we took the subway to The Varsity (a famous drive in sandwich joint), walked around downtown visiting Hard Rock, Centennial Park, and the outside of the World of Coke/Aquarium/& CNN building. But I think my favorite part of the day was a nice nap in the comfy bedroom while the chilly rain continued to fall outside. We woke up just in time for the free Happy Hour at the Embassy (I mean....is this what real business people get to experience? Nice hotels, meals paid for, and free drinks?!?!). Needless to say it was a good time in the lobby, we met some interesting people, and walked over for dinner at Taco Mac which came highly recommended by the last group that visited the Academy.
Thursday morning it was finally time for our visit to the Ron Clark Academy.
The day started off with a serenade by the students from the Academy. The rest of the day was rotations through the various classrooms, lunch with the 5th graders, and a session of questions/answers with Ron Clark himself.
And like all students at the Ron Clark Academy at the end of the day everyone was officially slide certified. Pretty scary if I do say so myself. Ron signed Nick and I's books, my Essential 55 poster for my classroom (adding #56 to Listen to Mrs. Relle. I heart her!- Which the kids think is AWESOME!), my slide certified t-shirt I bought, and took the following group picture with us while we waited for our cab. He has a special bond with my school (not allowed to name due to new district policies) because we are the only elementary school that has adopted his Essential 55 which is geared towards middle school students. We felt very special!
No comments:
Post a Comment