Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Day in Baton Rouge

Around lunch we packed up, said our good-byes in New Orleans, and headed to Baton Rouge.

Jack passed out on the drive there but Bebe was there to greet him when he woke up.
And then there was Papa!

Uncle Brian had his hands full of sweetness with Gabriella but was able to reach down for a high five from Jack.
HEAVEN!
HEAVEN!!
For Bebe-Her little poser!
Before the crew got to the house for the traditional family steak dinner we opened our presents. Jack was into it at first...
but it didn't last long and became the observer....guess he had already opened so many presents for himself and others that he was worn out. I think he wasn't feeling very well either (which we found out on the way home-another post)-I didn't mind opening his presents for him though...made me feel like I was getting more.
He did however leave his perch to serenade us with some piano...after playing a tune he would turn cheering himself on. Notice he is looking in Mimee's direction because she was his biggest fan!
Since I had seen before we left that "Jack" had bought me a present, I called on Elf Bebe to pick up a book that Joey had suggested for Nick from "Jack". Little did I know that the book was small potatoes compared to my gift...but it is the thought that counts and a cool book-Thanks Joey & Mom!
"Papa are you sure that Santa stuffed this stocking? The one in New Orleans seemed legit but this one is filled with medical supplies so it makes me think Mom might have had something to do with it."
"Oh don't worry Papa if you can't read it without your glasses...I know what it is...this is alcohol free germ X which is safe for kids and better for your skin...Santa must be neurotic like Mom."
"Cool, watered down bubbles and mosquitoes...this is a true Louisiana Christmas after all. Mom...how long did you live here? Why did you only pack Winter clothes for us...I'm HOT!"
"Aunt Mary Beth you are the best! Bore, Bore, Bore!"
"I sure wish you guys lived closer...you are the coolest ever."
Joseph and Nicholas were GREAT with Jack! I felt comfortable leaving them to entertain and watch after him-which they did all night...wish they lived here because Nicholas said he would babysit for $3 an hour...that is a bargain!
" I mean really...how white trash are we Mom and Dad? You know this is going to be on the blog for the world to see, it is Christmas Day steak dinner, and I am without shirt and wearing a bib that says-lil diva. How embarrassing!"
"Hush little baby...I know this paci doesn't have a frog or duck attached but it will have to do. You just finished your bottle and now it is time to go to bed so I can stay up late and watch Nimo."
"I don't even really like Tag but I'm not sure about Gabriella sitting on my DeDes lap so here I am playing with a frog that doesn't have a pacifier attached...desperate times..."
"There is something seriously wrong here...what can I do to get their attention...why am I having to get there attention...what is going on? Guess I can be the big cousin and share...but I don't have to like it."

No comments: