Blogger is being a pain in my A$% and is taking forever to upload and giving me tons of errors but I am determined to get caught up before school starts back on Monday (sniff! sniff!)
The trip continues and although I promised to keep the number of pics to a minimum it is so hard with the new camera taking such fab pictures of such a PERFECT SUBJECT!

Aunt Godmother Deb came over on Friday to visit with us and of course, brought Jack some cool toys.
"I'm just going to play with this one in the box...it is going to take these amateurs forever to get that John Deer mower out the box."
We all rode to the Best Burger to meet up with Nelly to take Mimee back to Melville. The Best Burger might be the same but time sure does change because 20 years ago this was the exact spot where Mom and Dad would take us to meet Mimee and Poppie to go visit them in Melville. It is hard to believe Poppie has been gone for a year...I know he is in a great place relaxing after such a wonderful life here on Earth and keeping a close eye on us...what else would Angels be doing. We miss you Poppie!

On the way home we decided to let Jack stretch his legs at Mike the Tiger's cage.
"Where's Mike?"
"There he is! Grr!!!!"
"I am the King of LSU! Geaux Mike Geaux!"
EVEN

Then what is a trip to visit Papa and Bebe without a trip to a park. We stopped by City Park (now that it is clean and safe) for a quick slide,

some more sliding,

some swinging,

and not really sure what to call this but it sure was funny to watch Jack's face (then Papa's and even mine when I gave it a try...crazy).

While Bebe fixed dinner we decided to do some construction work with the Tool Set that Aunt JoNel and crew gave Jack.

Then after dinner Jack came up and told me he went potty. He usually does the sign and grabs at his diaper. I asked if he needed a new diaper and he said yes so I sent him to our room for a diaper. When he was gone awhile Nick went back to check and found him in the bathroom pointing to the toilet. Nick screamed for me, ran for the camera, and although he went potty and finally got to flush the toilet...we were all so frantic because it was unexpected that it will probably be awhile before he wants to try it again because I think we overwhelmed him. Regardless we are super proud of him and are here to help him succeed when he tells us he is ready to give it another go. And yes I cleaned up the toilet seat after it was all said and done.

You know a toy is a hit when the tongue is out while playing with it. Thanks for the Tub Tunes toy Aunt Kathy...Jack (& Nick & I) love it. So much fun!
"Step back Mommy-This is my Buddy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment