Monday, January 12, 2009

Made my list...

Those that know me know that I am the most indecisive person EVER. Making a selection off a menu can take forever, causes much anxiety, and usually in the end I regret my choice. No one dare offer me advice in fear that it will come back to get them later. My negative side usually takes charge which result in a very small list of things obtained in life that I am truly happy with. We're not talking about me hating life...we are talking about obsessing over a decision, finally making it, and being happy from that day forward of my purchase. So with great pleasure I can say that Jack's surprise gift (impressive that it was a surprise too-I usually blow those too) has made the list-my new camera...it is there with the Calvin Klein bedding from college, the Pottery Barn blanket, and Nick & Jack.

The Saturday before we returned to school the weather was absolutely perfect...not for January...but perfect for outside adventures before Winter sets in (if it does), keeping us indoors for days upon days. It was sunny and 85. Nick and Jack were outside playing with the hose while I went to a funeral for a friend's step son. I feel for their family and selfishly must say that all I could think all day was how lucky I was to have left such a healthy, happy boy. Conner the few times I met him was such a great boy that had a long life ahead of him. I do believe though that he is in a wonderful place and is in great hands. You can see how much he touched every life he encountered on the website they have dedicated to him. http://www.conneryeager.com/
With that said the rest of the afternoon was all about family and friends being grateful for what we have and capturing it all on film. Nick took the majority of the pictures that afternoon when we met Ashley and Nathan at the Arboretum. We walked around, looked at the waterfalls, threw rocks in the fish pond, ran around, rode reindeer, played parachute, almost got kicked out, then finished the day off with Bubba fried chicken...which for the record I had grilled strips. There is no need to comment on these pictures...they are so great they speak for themselves. Sorry there aren't many of Nick and Jack...apparently even with Auto Focus I am in need of those 15 classes that came with the camera...I'll get there. Must apologize for the pasty legs...what do you expect in January after a Summer indoors with a baby. And the final picture was me watching my heart before calling it a night and being grateful that we are all together as a family. ENJOY!


























1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

What beautiful photos. I am so deeply sorry for your friends loss. That brought tears to my eyes. He was such a handsome little boy. I will pray that the family can somehow find peace.