Sunday, March 2, 2008

Divine Consign

As tired as I was this morning, as germ affraid as I am, I can't resist a sale. Karen and I were at the Divine Consign this morning at 11 for when the doors opened. It is impossible to describe the madness...you just have to experience it. Essentially it is a huge garage sale in a convention hall of only infant, toddler, kid, and maternity stuff. And when I say stuff...I mean tons of stuff. People are rummaging like crazy, filling up bags they brought in, stripping their babies on the isles to try on used clothes, and piling it on top of their kids in the strollers. But, if you go with a goal in mind you can really make out. This Fall I got Jack a $45 Gap jacket for $10...the person that owned it before us probably wore it about 3 times like Jack did so it was worth the madness. Today I didn't score any clothes but did however get some great deals on toys.

Excited with my buys I came home, bleached them all down and presented them to Jack. Well, while cleaning Jack found the Bib Clip (a clip that allows you to turn any napkin into a disposable bib while on the run) and as usual became very attached to it. We thought he would we happy to hand it over and play with his new toys but instead got this reaction...

Those of you that know Jack understand that this type of temper tantrum doesn't happen EVER...but lately we have been seeing it more and more...YIKES! Being the pushovers we are this is the photo that followed the one above...



Jack happy again with his Bib Clip and bar stool....notice the tears still fresh on his face...my how they turned off quickly when he got what he wanted.



After he calmed down he had a blast with his Fisher Price Intellicube that I bought him for $9. It can't be bought in the stores and sells for around $55 new but Olivia had one the night before that Jack (OK-I) loved so I knew it was a must. Again notice in the picture...still holding that darn Bib Clip....we lost it shortly there after by bribing him with a Baby Nutragrain Bar. I'm noticing a pattern. Good thing it looks like he is going to have Nick's metabolism.


Here is the $4 Basketball goal I got to play on the patio with this Spring/Summer.

And the $3.50 phonics radio I bought to leave in Louisiana...until I saw that it is normally $50 so I think we'll keep it around here so he can get smart by using it all the time...or not-

because with all the new toys I pushed, lugged, and gave up some of my budget money for...all he wanted to do was climb on the gray tub that used to be the "gate" to the cage...but not anymore because he climbs right over it. Guess I might as well never bring in the maid's cart I bought him because he'll still prefer to pick up dirt in the carpet and hand it to me. From now on...Bib Clips, gray tubs, and dirt is all the boy needs.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Good thing I did not buy Jack that basketball goal for his birthday. I was going to get him that but I remembered that he had something similar.

SpunkyToes said...

Sean loves his bib clip as well! Cool toys!