Meal time in the Relle house hold hasn't been very appetizing lately. In my opinion it is a combination of Jack re-discovering his tongue, becoming stubborn, and mimicking his Dad with being food picky. He will allow you to spoon in food or will self feed- and then out it comes. The result has been a hungry and cranky baby....and MOM! But yesterday night I offered him some baked cinnamon sweet potato chunks (pretty good really), grilled angus gouda burger (fancy huh?!), and a banana. He absolutely refused the meat (Mikey only likes the cat food smelling Gerber jarred meat). The sweet potato was tolerable and of course he loved taking bites off the banana. Worried he would get hungry I also tossed in a handful of shredded cheddar. Then I thought...what is one more thing that could ensure a tummy ache....avacado...which he HATED when he was 7 months old. To my surprise he ate the entire avocado (which I was craving but got over because hey, he was eating). The he decided he wanted to be a big boy not only by eating....but by feeding himself with the spoon. I was so proud of him for eating and picking up on the spoon so quickly. Angela I promise to stop calling you worried about him not eating...but no promises on the other issues.
"I've seen Mom and Dad use these before on themselves so it must be something I can do...or will be able to do one day."
"Hmmm....not bad, next time I should try it with some food on it."
"OK, I have placed some food on the spoon....now carefully pick up and advance towards mouth."
"I sure wish I had a mirror so I could see where to aim this sucker."
"Damn, I'm good!"
2 comments:
Adorable!!! He is doing a great job!
Jack, you are doing a GREAT job! Keep it up and Happy Birthday!
Love, Jay, Kellie & Nola
Post a Comment