Friday, June 27, 2008

Blog Killing Trees

My original plan was to use a company that prints and binds blogs to preserve a hard copy for Jack to have of his first year through my eyes. Well, after printing one month's entries at home I quickly realized it would probably take the company 2 or 3 bound books if they printed the whole thing...and it would cost us probably what college tuition for Jack will be in 17 years...so being the do it yourselfer that I am...

I printed them using a laser printer, hole punched them, and put them into binders. They are in 6 month increments and I plan to decorate the front and spines. Now whenever Jack is old enough (probably around 30 years old!) to wash his hands good and handle the pages carefully, he can flip through to see what he did his first year of life (and beyond since I plan to keep it up but not as often obviously...well, in August..you know...)

Who would have ever thought that it would be this thick when printed out? Crazy....sorry trees. Now this is done...about his real scrapbook...

No comments: