Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Continued-Papa's In Town

OK-I'm going to admit right now that I might have gotten a wee carried away with the amount of pictures in this post...but there were just too many from our Father's Day Weekend to pick...
After picking Papa up at the airport we headed to Highland Park for a picnic at Nick and I's favorite park. Here is Nick and Jack enjoying their Father's Day lunch together.
The Relle Clan.
The boys.
After eating Jack was off exploring with Papa.
It was HOT and so after some running the boys took a break on the bench since it was in the shade and overlooked a beautiful lake with a fountain.
"I love my Daddy!"
"And my Papa!"
Before heading back to the burbs Papa and Jack stopped one more time to count the ducks and have a little Quack Chat with them.

Not long after getting home Jack was out for his nap and Nick wasn't too far behind.

Then Papa...and then me. The whole house took an afternoon nap...it was great and needed!
After nap time and milk we headed to the backyard for some more fun in the sun. I planned to take Jack back in and change him while the pool filled up but before I knew it he was in and had become our own little fountain in the pool.
Now that he was changed into his swim gear and lubed up it was time to get serious.
"OK Papa...here is the plan- First we play with the ball, dig in the sand, and then we'll take a dip in the pool."

Jack playing in his sand table.
Jack and Papa taking turns pouring water over each others heads. Pretty sure Papa jumped in the pool and did a canon ball...What is that they say about not jumping in shallow water?!?!
Back inside dinner was ready by the time they came in from the backyard. Together they had lima beans, salad, and pizza. This is where Nick and I headed out for a date of dinner and a movie...by ourselves....we kept looking in the backseat to make sure Jack really wasn't there. It's been forever since we have been out "alone". Thanks Papa....I'm sure it wasn't too much to ask of you right?!?
This morning after we all slept hard from such a busy Sunday we had breakfast, read Jack's new book from Bebe that makes cool sounds, and headed to The Heights Music Camp that Jack is enrolled in this week.
Here we are tapping a beat with the sticks.

Jack had fun and really started to warm up towards the end...the whole time he wanted desperately to investigate the elephant hanging from the ceiling so Papa took him over.
On the way to drop Papa off at his meeting they called Bebe to check and see how she was doing. He is listening so intently to whatever she is saying.
All that singing worked up an appetite so they shared some sandwich on the drive.
And we even got there early and had time to play around in Toys R Us before dropping Papa off. Beep! Beep!
Now we are back at home and Jack has been having a blast with the shopping cart that Papa bought him. Jack says next time regardless of gas prices if Papa is in town and we go to Toys R Us we're going in the Pathfinder so he can buy that Powerwheels...I mean Little Tikes car. :)

It was great to see Papa and we might be seeing him again one more time if he needs a ride to the airport...I'm sure Jack won't mind keeping him company in the backseat! What a great Father's Day and visit with Papa!

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

There is no such thing as "too many pictures"! Looks like fun!