Monday, June 23, 2008

Two Playdates In One Day

When Jack woke up from his nap after the baseball game with Dad he was so surprised to see that Ashley and Nathan were already there for his afternoon playdate. We haven't spent time with them in forever so even though we are leaving early in the morning for a spontaneous family get away, we made sure to fit them in.

Let me just preface by saying that these pictures are not staged, sober and responsible adult supervison was provided the whole playdate, and no children were injured during the playdate (just startled).

"Nathan I promise this is safe...my nickname is Tiger Woods Jack Relle. Now tuck your head so your more like a ball and take a deep breath."
"OK...so Nathan Golf wasn't the best idea...let me show you how to push my new shopping cart from Papa...now move over!"
"That was moving over a bit more than I had in mind...you OK buddy....get up and brush it off...that is what I do."
"Dad get the camera ready...I have the club and Nathan's on the shopping cart...I bet there is a blog worthy picture in the near future." Nathan isn't having a good afternoon...If you look closely at the bottom, right side of the cart you can see poor Nathan's little hand. I hope he isn't scared for life of shopping carts.
I was there to rescue and don't worry little Nate wasn't hurt...just a bit scared...the crying only lasted seconds.
" Now Mom and Aunt Jennifer....I'm pretty sure I have been trampled twice by this shopping cart...is your photo op of Jack pushing me in the cart worth my life?"
"I know I am young but I just don't have a good feeling about this and think I should go ahead and get out now."
"Gosh this cart sure is high...maybe if I put all my weight on the handles it will gracefully fall over and I can walk out...yea right...Jack, put down your club and HELP!"


Had fun guys...hope it wasn't too much at Nathan's expense. Can't wait to get together a few more times before school starts.

No comments: