Jack woke up from his nap just as Papa texted for us to start heading back to Lewisville to pick him up. When we got there he was waiting outside for us but Jack was back asleep...the day before had worn him out.
Nick and I tried to think of a place between Lewisville and Lovers Airport that would be "kid friendly" and more than just dinner since we would have about 2 hours to kill before Papa needed to be at the airport. Since they had pizza the night before we thought about Dave and Busters and boy was it in a shady neighborhood.

We sat in the dining room and I had brought Jack a Gerber meal of veggies and ravioli in tomato sauce but we all know he had a little of everyone
elses' meal...

As you can tell by his face!

After dinner, which was tasty, we headed to The Midway to play some games. Jack and Nick played a car race game...not sure which one Jack did more of...help or hurt Nick's game. Regardless he enjoyed pushing the buttons, turning the wheel, and shifting gears.
"Why do you have to be 16 to drive-there is nothing to it!"
After cheering Nick and I on as we played Skeet Ball against each other we gave Jack a chance to roll the ball. We didn't have enough coupons to get much (not like they have much of anything) in the "Dave and Busters Store" so we saved the credit for next time we go back...which will probably be when Jack is 16....

Back at the airport we decided to walk Papa in since we were early and let Jack run around...I'm sure all those people enjoyed hearing him squeak for an hour. Long story short Southwest was having some issues so Papa made the decision to change his flight to the 9:50 this morning so back to the burbs we headed til the next morning.

When we got back home as I was getting Jack out of his
carseat I looked down and instantly started having troubles breathing. Mind you the
Jetta hasn't been the same since I handed over the keys to Nick (he is a bit messier than me especially when we never ride in it for me to get on him about it) but it hasn't ever been anything like what Jack and Papa did to the backseat. The picture says enough and just in case it doesn't...pretty sure that is a dirty diaper next to the crushed up Cheerios on the passenger floor board. All in the
spirit of family bonding and fun...

Here are Papa and Jack this morning before taking him to the airport again. With traffic we were cutting it a bit closer than we should have but not only did Papa make it back home safely, but Jack and I made it to music class and we weren't that late either.
Recouping til our next "big visitor/adventure"!
No comments:
Post a Comment